Key Features of DermaKinetics
- Skin remains intact, topicals remain chemically unchanged
- Safer than other transdermal technologies
- Hands-free and simple to administer
- Unrestrained by molecular weight
- Effective on molecular weights from 168 Daltons to 2180 Kilo Daltons
- Suitable for enhanced delivery of wide range of topicals
- Increases transdermal topical compound fluxes (flow)
- Expandable to large body surface areas
- Predictable permeation depth
- Achieve significant intradermal concentrations compared to passive permeation
The DK platform also has been adapted for a variety of non-invasive drugs deliver applications under the name Photo Kinetics.
Upon excitation from patented DK wavelengths, molecules are induced into an excited energy state, causing a temporary (reversible) conformational change in the molecular shape.
Next, the molecules will revert to a resting state as the optical energy is dissipated during the “OFF” part of the cycle; which is repeated many times per second.
During the dissipation stage, three mechanisms can occur: vibration, rotation and translocation; which creates movement of the molecule. Additionally, it is important to note that molecules will move away from the stimulation source (OK) and into the tissue.
Thus, when the patented OK light cycle is repeated, causing rapid shape change and physical movement on a molecular scale, the topical compound reacts and transports the facial infusion into the tissue.